DAT Re Take Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentallady

Reaction score
Hello Everyone
I took the dat September 2020 and did not do well
most of my scores were 16 or 17 and my over all was 16
I want to re take this April and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to study
I did kaplan for the bio and bootcamp along with chad's videos last time but I did not do any practice exams and I feel like that was a HUGE mistake
and I feel like I studied so many subjects and info that was never on the DAT itself like all the body systems from anatomy and the ochem reactions
I would like this to be my last time I have to take this test and my weakness is in the chemistry both ochem and general
please advise me on a study material that you found helpful to score high
I feel like I need someone to guide me and provide helpful schedules or a material that has a good study plan to follow
thank you and best of luck to all :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would recommend that you utilize DATBooster as it was one of the best resources that I utilized when I studied for my DAT. If you are to take the DAT make sure that you follow a premade schedule to keep you on track. Feralis made a really good one on DATBooster that also utilizes DATDestroyer which will give you a lot more practice for the DAT. Made sure that you so practice tests they really help you get a feel for what the exam will be like and the questions might also be very similar. For bio especially I found the DATBooster questions to be very similar to the actual exam, so make sure to do all the questions and understand all the answer choices. Good luck with your exam!

Hello Everyone
I took the dat September 2020 and did not do well
most of my scores were 16 or 17 and my over all was 16
I want to re take this April and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to study
I did kaplan for the bio and bootcamp along with chad's videos last time but I did not do any practice exams and I feel like that was a HUGE mistake
and I feel like I studied so many subjects and info that was never on the DAT itself like all the body systems from anatomy and the ochem reactions
I would like this to be my last time I have to take this test and my weakness is in the chemistry both ochem and general
please advise me on a study material that you found helpful to score high
I feel like I need someone to guide me and provide helpful schedules or a material that has a good study plan to follow
thank you and best of luck to all :)
Hi,
The best study plan to follow is one that works best for you and if you follow a premade study guide you should adjust it to fit your study time frame. You might need to go back to your GC and Orgo classroom books to review any weakness and make those strengths. There are many versions of the DAT so just because you studied things that were not on the DAT this time does not mean it will not be on the next. The DAT is an exam that you must over prepare because until test day you have no idea exactly what will be presented. It is going to take a lot of hard work and discipline but you can do it. I have worked with students many years that have to take the DAT a 2nd time and always advise them to not take the DAT again until you are fully prepared, make this you last time to face the DAT Beast.

Hope this makes sense and if I can help let me know.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, co/owner, DAT Destroyer