2023-2024 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is why stats are fake

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
If I recall correctly, secondaries went out like 2 weeks later this year, so maybe in the next week or two II will be sent out.

If I recall correctly, secondaries went out like 2 weeks later this year, so maybe in the next week or two II will be sent out.
seems a bit late for II to be sent in October though, especially when they send their first acceptances in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing is that the real bottleneck is most likely the in-state applications which were able to be submitted the same day this year as they were last year--I have to imagine they've settled the first batch or so of OOS interviewees since they've had lots of their apps for over 2 months. That's why I was wondering if there was some kind of delay in verifying the residency of in-state people but seems more likely that they're just a bit behind this year and will start early next week. Not the adcom's fault that they don't get IS apps until 6 weeks later than every other school but man no IIs until October would be kinda crazy

The thing is that the real bottleneck is most likely the in-state applications which were able to be submitted the same day this year as they were last year--I have to imagine they've settled the first batch or so of OOS interviewees since they've had lots of their apps for over 2 months. That's why I was wondering if there was some kind of delay in verifying the residency of in-state people but seems more likely that they're just a bit behind this year and will start early next week. Not the adcom's fault that they don't get IS apps until 6 weeks later than every other school but man no IIs until October would be kinda crazy
Yeah, it's weird that on msar they have interview invites starting in mid to late August but nothing so far

From what the admissions office has told me, apparently, they didn't start looking at any applications, IS or OOS, until 8/25. They were saying it does no good to submit earlier than 8/25 either way, although who knows since you're also right that it'd be kind crazy for them to only start sending IIs in October.

From what the admissions office has told me, apparently, they didn't start looking at any applications, IS or OOS, until 8/25. They were saying it does no good to submit earlier than 8/25 either way, although who knows since you're also right that it'd be kind crazy for them to only start sending IIs in October.
Wow, that is not what I would've guessed. Guess it's not surprising that it'll take until October then

On the one hand I feel like it has to be this week, on the other hand I kinda can't imagine them every sending IIs, the suspense has been building for so long

On the one hand I feel like it has to be this week, on the other hand I kinda can't imagine them every sending IIs, the suspense has been building for so long
This feels like the scene in Oppenheimer…it’s been silent for a whole minute…

Members don't see this ad :)
100 likes and I'll drop an email to them asking what's up

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
JK, I just gave them a call. Admissions coordinator picked up! She was super nice and said that they've been really understaffed this cycle and recently hired an interview coordinator. Their goal is to start sending invitations out next week, but that's tentative. They're hoping to start conducting interviews by the end of the month. No rejections or interview invites have been sent out yet, but all the applications have been in the process of getting fully reviewed. Hope that helps everyone! Perhaps next week is going to be the big week. I also totally doxxed myself to them because I told them I'm reaching out on behalf of the online forum community so I'm a lost cause lmao, but you all have to get in for me!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 49 users
Did anyone else get an email saying their application was still incomplete even though the portal says you submitted? I had submitted 9/5 but got an email today asking me to finish my application. I called admissions and they said everything looked good, they were unsure why I was still marked as incomplete. They also assured me no matter the submission time, all applications are given the same chance to get a II, although I am unsure how that would work. Anyone else have this problem?

Did anyone else get an email saying their application was still incomplete even though the portal says you submitted? I had submitted 9/5 but got an email today asking me to finish my application. I called admissions and they said everything looked good, they were unsure why I was still marked as incomplete. They also assured me no matter the submission time, all applications are given the same chance to get a II, although I am unsure how that would work. Anyone else have this problem?
Hoping this was supposed to be an II email for you instead :)

• Care
I got the same email? Confused.

I would call admissions, they manually reviewed and marked me as complete
I’ll give them a call soon. What did they manually change for you though? Because it says I am complete in the portal.

I’ll give them a call soon. What did they manually change for you though? Because it says I am complete in the portal.
Whatever is on their end that says incomplete. I am unsure what it was exactly but the admissions director said he'd change it -- my portal also said I'm complete

They didn't tweet out that they were sending interviews this time 😔
Just in from their Twitter! "A very limited number of invites just went out for MD. We will not be sending more invites until we have at least one use the automated registration. Once that happens we will begin the process."

Reactions: 1 users
Just in from their Twitter! "A very limited number of invites just went out for MD. We will not be sending more invites until we have at least one use the automated registration. Once that happens we will begin the process."
I can't find this. Can you write out the account username please? :)

if y'all don't schedule your interviews i stg...
To clarify, in my II email they said “…it may be a few weeks before your date is confirmed. Please keep on the look out from our admissions team to schedule your interview date.”

So I can’t schedule anything yet, just waiting for the ability to

• Wow
Man it's 2023 and they can't get automated registration to work.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So uh manifesting IIs for us all by way of successful IT troubleshooting? Hopefully this isn't a big tech support week for the rest of UW I guess

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So...as in weeks before the majority start to get II?

So uh manifesting IIs for us all by way of successful IT troubleshooting? Hopefully this isn't a big tech support week for the rest of UW I guess
*wisco students/alum knowing the history of IT incompetence on campus* 🤦‍♂️

Did people who received II yesterday manage to schedule an interview today? Or do we think they decided to send out another small batch before getting anyone registered