2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody going to the virtual chat on Friday

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the priority is for instate but do we think there’s any chance for out of state ?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
congrats! Did you send any Letter of interests or Intent, If so which one and when?/how many?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Could u describe some of ur features as applicant? Like clinical hours, medical experiences, research, URM etc. Thanks and congrats!
Sure and thank you! Clinical hours is 1000+ with mix of volunteering and clinical work (scribing, etc). Did research during undergrad also and have community service hours, all in NYC. I am ORM

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing, hoping it goes to one of you... this was the weirdest interview of my life btw. It went on for 2 hours and my interviewer kept talking about Hamas.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
This has to be the slowest post PTE cycle for Downstate yet unless nobody on SDN 😂

There should be some more movement this month. A lot of my buddies have been hearing back from SUNYs this week.

🥲🥲🥲stay strong peeps i think there will be a lot of movement soon, maybe everything is delayed due to FAFSA changes + delayed CTE. has anyone else received net id?

Last edited:
I called downstate today and asked. They said there will start to be a lot of fluidity since it’s past April 30, so lots of people will continue to get off the waitlist

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
A at 2pm today, LM 77.8, interviewed 11/30, AL 3/18, IS, not URM, 4+ years EMS experience, sent two LOI’s, one beginning of April another earlier this week, no net id, I did send in a handful or pre matriculation stuff

Reactions: 4 users
A at 2pm today, LM 77.8, interviewed 11/30, AL 3/18, IS, not URM, 4+ years EMS experience, sent two LOI’s, one beginning of April another earlier this week, no net id, I did send in a handful or pre matriculation stuff
What did you include in the second LOI ? Do you think it helped

Has anyone who interviewed end of March gotten invited to tour? They said we would but I haven’t gotten an invite

Has anyone who interviewed end of March gotten invited to tour? They said we would but I haven’t gotten an invite
I was mid March and got an invite. Seems like last tour days are next week. I would email admissions

did you email them about the LOI or just uploaded it to the portal?

I was unable to attend the virtual chat last month and put my name on the list for this month, I believe it’s tomorrow but never got an email or a zoom link??? Any advice??? Lol