2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has full class size acceptance sent out ? As Groupme is around 213
Well looks like we’re cooked

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Well looks like we’re cooked
Not surprising the class is full. The schools goal is probably class full by April 15 or 30. The mystery is how many people are in WLs at other schools

Not surprising the class is full. The schools goal is probably class full by April 15 or 30. The mystery is how many people are in WLs at other schools
Past years it looks like the school was taking off WL/sending II’s pretty regularly through May so either the class full or just full of people waiting on fafsa

Members don't see this ad :)
Call the admissions office. They answer most of the time. See if they are still sending out interviews.
Last I checked, they do plan on having an II wave this month.

Reactions: 1 user
I called the admissions office yesterday and just received a reply. All I learned is that decisions are being made every day and that WL movement will continue until 2nd or 3rd week of June. So unfortunately I don't feel like I learned anything new.

I called the admissions office yesterday and just received a reply. All I learned is that decisions are being made every day and that WL movement will continue until 2nd or 3rd week of June. So unfortunately I don't feel like I learned anything new.
Well then if there are decisions being made every day guess they just aren’t being posted here?

Who still hasn’t gotten pre-ii rejected ?🤣

Reactions: 8 users
for those who withdrew their As, did you guys receive the deposit back? I have not and was wondering if anyone else is in a similar boat

Has full class size acceptance sent out ? As Groupme is around 213
Guys, the groupme is not just accepted students. There are a good amount of M1s and even some M2s in the chat to help answer questions. Do not base the class size on the groupme, you will not get an accurate number. I know it’s really hard when the school is not very transparent and bad at responding in a timely matter. As mentioned before, some people in my class got off the WL very late, like day before classes. I wish I had more info for you, but you’re gonna have to be patient.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys, the groupme is not just accepted students. There are a good amount of M1s and even some M2s in the chat to help answer questions. Do not base the class size on the groupme, you will not get an accurate number. I know it’s really hard when the school is not very transparent and bad at responding in a timely matter. As mentioned before, some people in my class got off the WL very late, like day before classes. I wish I had more info for you, but you’re gonna have to be patient.
Any rough idea of M1 and M2s in this groupme currently. Thank you

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Call the admissions office. They answer most of the time. See if they are still sending out interviews.
Last I checked, they do plan on having an II wave this month.
I emailed them, they are still interviewing, so the cycle isn’t over for them. I withdrew, though, so best of luck to you guys!

I emailed them, they are still interviewing, so the cycle isn’t over for them. I withdrew, though, so best of luck to you guys!
This is insane I wonder if they still sending interview

2am vibes.....cranking 5 update letters, one for each weekday next week. Fingers crossed for an email sent at 12:01am on May 27th

FWIW last year, it looked like someone got an invite around May 26. But I imagine that the number of invites at this stage is too small to entertain.

Kind of aggravating that they are still interviewing when they have so many people on the waitlist waiting for an acceptance. Why would they interview this late in the cycle with so many 515+ MCATs on the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
A off the waitlist but will probably be declining for a spot elsewhere, good luck guys!

Kind of aggravating that they are still interviewing when they have so many people on the waitlist waiting for an acceptance. Why would they interview this late in the cycle with so many 515+ MCATs on the waitlist.
Turns out theres more to an acceptance to med school than just a high MCAT

• Haha
Funnily enough, I actually have found the opposite is true (to a degree). A high MCAT is so important that it outweighs anything else by a long shot. However, this is only true if your MCAT is like 518+. I know several people with literally nothing else on their entire application besides a very high MCAT and they were accepted by ALL of the NJ schools pretty fast. That being said, if you are high but not stand-out high then your score does not really help on its own. As much as they like to talk about their mission, most medical schools only care about finding people who will not do poorly in their school and will stay the full time.

Funnily enough, I actually have found the opposite is true (to a degree). A high MCAT is so important that it outweighs anything else by a long shot. However, this is only true if your MCAT is like 518+. I know several people with literally nothing else on their entire application besides a very high MCAT and they were accepted by ALL of the NJ schools pretty fast. That being said, if you are high but not stand-out high then your score does not really help on its own. As much as they like to talk about their mission, most medical schools only care about finding people who will not do poorly in their school and will stay the full time.
Say less, I'm ready to blast off fam-o. Hackensack been ruthless to me this cycle and I'm taking it personal

Ima send update letters during med school just to be petty abt what they're missing out on

Say less, I'm ready to blast off fam-o. Hackensack been ruthless to me this cycle and I'm taking it personal

Ima send update letters during med school just to be petty abt what they're missing out on
Here is the grid people don't want you to see: https://www.aamc.org/media/6091/download

If you can see here, if you got a 3.79+ GPA and a 517+ MCAT there is about an 83% chance of you matriculating into a MD program.

Now, obviously, the fact that it is not 100% shows it's not the sole factors. Also, it could be argued that people with these stats likely did other activities that made them stand out. But hey, the data still shows the numbers do the heavy lifting.

Have a ridiculous MCAT, a high GPA, and then just a couple of other things to show what kind of things you are interested in and you are golden for at least 1 school in the bag.

If anyone lands an ii here at this point I’m gonna be so weak

• Haha
The sass levels 📈

Is that what it takes to get an II? No wonder they left me out...my specialty is pettiness

• Haha
This is my only MD WL so only shot and this wait has been such a struggle I was interviewed all the way back in December

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know what the official CTE deadline is? It says “please select by” June 3rd on the MSAR document, but I’ve heard people say June 1st as well

Do you all think there will be a wave of applicants getting off the WL in the next few weeks? I have no idea if I should remain hopeful...

Do you all think there will be a wave of applicants getting off the WL in the next few weeks? I have no idea if I should remain hopeful...
At this time last year they were pulling from the waitlist every week so it's kind of weird that only a few on sdn have reported coming off the WL. Just difficult to be expected to make arrangements super last minute....

Does anyone know what the official CTE deadline is? It says “please select by” June 3rd on the MSAR document, but I’ve heard people say June 1st as well

June 2nd. June 3rd might be for 2025

Withdrew my A yesterday btw so I hope it goes to one of you! They haven't confirmed my withdrawal yet but yeah hopefully a spot will open up soon.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A yesterday btw so I hope it goes to one of you! They haven't confirmed my withdrawal yet but yeah hopefully a spot will open up soon.
TY for letting us know! Counting the likes on your post to see who else is on the WL XD

Anyone else just get a heart attack from that email… at least I’m a bit encouraged now tho

How nice of them to be my replacement for a second cup of coffee this morning

What did the email say? Was it about the WL or more interviews?
“Thank you for your continued interest in Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. Our waitlist is currently still active and remains active until July. If an opportunity for admission becomes available, you will be contacted directly by phone followed by an offer letter. Please note that the likelihood that waitlist candidates are admitted is considerable and may qualify for scholarships as well. If you are no longer interested in being considered for admission, please send an email to [email protected] to withdraw your application.”

I have upgraded my sass to Kyrie Irving levels. I am ready for this II

Just got the call telling me I was accepted off the WL. 10 minutes before getting the call, I got an email thanking me for staying on the waitlist :O been quite a roller coaster