2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They finished their interviews, yes. They posted notes to everyone's profiles that did not receive interviews. So you can safely assume that you got the R here.
Weird, my portal doesn’t mention that. Oh well. I’ll just mark my sheet haha.

Edit: I called to confirm and they said the interview season was “over for now” but they may send out additional info later? I just told them to withdrawal me because that’s confusing haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Weird, my portal doesn’t mention that. Oh well. I’ll just mark my sheet haha.

Edit: I called to confirm and they said the interview season was “over for now” but they may send out additional info later? I just told them to withdrawal me because that’s confusing haha.
What does that even mean lol 😭

Sounds like they're not 100% certain that they won't exhaust their WL and end up having to interview people in June like Hackensack did last year.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like they're not 100% certain that they won't exhaust their WL and end up having to interview people in June like Hackensack did last year.
This makes the most sense to me - no other reason to leave the door open unless they see a need for additional students IMO

Reactions: 1 user
Then why aren't they letting us in 💀
Pretty sure schools can’t offer more As than seats they have before May 1, even if people withdrew their A before. So they might have sent out 150 As, and even though 100 withdrew as of April 1st, they can’t send another 100 until the CTE deadline. Rough estimates obviously and could be wrong regarding their policies, but that makes sense to me

As a student in the BMS program, you are guaranteed an interview with the RFU clinical program of your choice. In fact, 95% of the qualified BMS graduates were accepted to the Chicago Medical School from 2021-2023
As you consider your options for the future, you can learn more about our BMS Program here. Should you decide the program is a good fit for you and you apply by June 1, 2024, you will receive a $10,000 Future Physician Scholarship.

OOS A off the WL today. Interviewed on 3/5. Could someone send the accepted students link?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure schools can’t offer more As than seats they have before May 1, even if people withdrew their A before. So they might have sent out 150 As, and even though 100 withdrew as of April 1st, they can’t send another 100 until the CTE deadline. Rough estimates obviously and could be wrong regarding their policies, but that makes sense to me
Do you mean when CTE becomes available to indicate in AMCAS? Their CTE deadline is July 1st

OOS A!!! Im so freaking happy. WL-> A. Interviewed 3/12. WL 4/2. Checked portal and was followed shortly by email

Just curious if anyone who interviewed in October has been accepted off the WL yet.

Has anyone sent a Letter of Interest to RFU?
I did not because when I interviewed, they explicitly told us to not send any updates, letters of intent/interest 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I would love to know if anybody did and was successful. I’m just scared that if I send one they’ll hold it against me lol

I did not because when I interviewed, they explicitly told us to not send any updates, letters of intent/interest 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I would love to know if anybody did and was successful. I’m just scared that if I send one they’ll hold it against me lol
I did happen to send one to Dr. Ellison since he did mention on my interview day that he would not be opposed to hearing what students are up to. That being said, just follow the specific instructions that were given when you were interviewed.

Withdrawing my A hopefully one of you gets in

Reactions: 2 users
For alternate list, did anyone also never get a letter in their portal attached? I just logged in to portal one day and just saw the form pop up so filled it out, but no update letters stating I am on the alternate list like some people are mentioning. Is this okay?

Reactions: 1 users
For alternate list, did anyone also never get a letter in their portal attached? I just logged in to portal one day and just saw the form pop up so filled it out, but no update letters stating I am on the alternate list like some people are mentioning. Is this okay?
same thing happened to me

Has anyone figured what’s going on with this?? I don’t get it

Has anyone figured what’s going on with this?? I don’t get it
If you see a green banner above where you accepted the alternate list, that's basically your confirmation that you did it. Their communication has been awfully strange, so I wouldn't expect them to send anything.

Reminder to email the admissions office to withdraw your application if you no longer plan on attending please! Confused because the group me does not have close to 200 people, so why is waitlist movement slow?