2023-2024 Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you!! i thought it was like if you didn’t get the call at the meeting for your interview dates that was it & you’re done

Oh, not at all! As long as you haven’t gotten an R you are still under review.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you anyone know if they will send official acceptance/rejection emails tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
I know it’s hard to say, but do you think your update letter made the difference?
Hey sorry for the late reply. But yes I 100% think it made a difference. I updated them on my recent publication and that I was continuing to volunteer and shadow. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that I got an A two days later.

thank you!! i thought it was like if you didn’t get the call at the meeting for your interview dates that was it & you’re done
I got my A eight weeks after my interview even though they had two prior opportunities that they had looked over my interview date. So there is definitely hope even if they pass your interview date.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,
Any advice for the MMI? I am interviewing tomorrow. Any tips? It is my first MMI

Hi guys,
Any advice for the MMI? I am interviewing tomorrow. Any tips? It is my first MMI
Honestly there’s no way to really prepare for an MMI. Just be yourself and be able to look at a situation from multiple viewpoints when necessary. Good luck!

if interviewed 12/7 and no call/email after today, what do you guys think that means?

Does anyone know if UAB does a second look day? Or are the preview days listed on their website the only option to visit campus?

OOS II today, no ties. complete early Sep. 🥰 dates available were early and mid February from what I could see.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if UAB does a second look day? Or are the preview days listed on their website the only option to visit campus?
It looks like the option to sign up for their second look day will happen next month, according to the latest Vital Signs email :) But registration is open for their campus visits

Anyone know if ADCOM met today?

IMG_2661.jpg

Just posted!

I have not been accepted but got an email about visiting campuses? Is this a mistake? Or is everyone else getting this?

I have not been accepted but got an email about visiting campuses? Is this a mistake? Or is everyone else getting this?
I got. I thought it was cruel haha. They haven't sent me anything since my interview and then they decided to send that right after ADCOM met

I got. I thought it was cruel haha. They haven't sent me anything since my interview and then they decided to send that right after ADCOM met

It makes no sense. I think it must be an error because it includes a “free lunch”, and not confined to the main campus. It seems different than their normal tours.

It makes no sense. I think it must be an error because it includes a “free lunch”, and not confined to the main campus. It seems different than their normal tours.
I am hoping it means we got accepted lol and that they will call us tomorrow. However, I also know that during my interview they talked about how we would be able to make our campus preference in December/January, I think, regardless of whether we got accepted. This seems pretty in line with that similar idea/philosophy.

UAB does the campus visits for all prospective students I believe. This would make the most sense because you have to have your campus preference list completed by April or May? People who are accepted later should have the opportunity to also explore campuses so they can curate their list in time after being accepted. I hope this makes sense!

UAB does the campus visits for all prospective students I believe. This would make the most sense because you have to have your campus preference list completed by April or May? People who are accepted later should have the opportunity to also explore campuses so they can curate their list in time after being accepted. I hope this makes sense!

IMG_2663.jpg

Yeah, I figured this was what it was. It just stings with the email basically coming right after the ADCOM met for today. :/

I understand, friend. It’s frustrating, especially during this time of limbo. I remember wanting to rip every hair out of my head when two ADCOMS went by without me hearing anything. From my understanding they make calls on the Thursday and Friday of the weeks when ADCOM meets, so you could possibly get the call tomorrow! When did you interview? If it’s any consolation I interviewed mid-September and wasn’t accepted until November.

I understand, friend. It’s frustrating, especially during this time of limbo. I remember wanting to rip every hair out of my head when two ADCOMS went by without me hearing anything. From my understanding they make calls on the Thursday and Friday of the weeks when ADCOM meets, so you could possibly get the call tomorrow! When did you interview? If it’s any consolation I interviewed mid-September and wasn’t accepted until November.
I interviewed in November so it has been about 2 months about. ~3 or so ADCOM meetings after being graded. I could quite possibly get the call especially because it was after 6pm when they tweeted. I think overall my interview went well and that my application is compelling so I am hopeful that I will get accepted. Just wish they sent that email not today :rofl:

IS A today at 6:14 p.m. My traditional interviewer called me. Interviewed 1/11

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an IS A call at 10:51am, Friday 1/26!! Interviewed on 11/30. Still shaking!!! Good luck to everyone, I know waiting is truly torture.

Reactions: 5 users
OOS A call @ 1:26pm today! Call was my interviewer. Excited and grateful! Interviewed 1/11.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
OOS A via email, interviewed january 11th. I may have missed the call. First one for the season!!

Reactions: 3 users
How is the layout of interviews? Like is it traditional first followed by MMI then student panel?

Depends on what group they put you in! Half of the interviewees start with the MMIs, and the other half start with the 1 on 1. I was put in GOLD group and started with the MMI. To start, they have an opening presentation where all interviewees are in one big session. If I remember correctly, they also close with one big student panel. So whatever is in between (MMI and 1-on-1) will depend on what group you are placed in. Hope this helps!